And Conwy's Bus Service Operators Grant - paid to bus companies and formerly called 'Fuel Duty Rebate' - was cut by 20% from October 1 2012 and the funding for it will be cut by another 5% from April 1, this year.
What does BSOG stand for?
BSOG stands for Bus Service Operators Grant
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 2 other meanings of BSOG in our Acronym Attic
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Education
- Bachelor of Science in Ocean Engineering (Florida Atlantic University)
- Bethel Seminary of the East (Saint Paul, MN)
- Bible Society of Egypt
- Blessed Scroll of Escape (Lineage 2)
- British Society of Enamellers (UK)
- Bicarbonate-Buffered Synthetic Oviduct Fluid
- Bones Society of Florida (Altamonte Springs, FL)
- Blood Spotted on Filter Paper (plasma collection method)
- Black Sea Observation and Forecasting System
- Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash (band)
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership (various universities)
- Bellsouth Online
- Big Sur Ornithology Lab (California)
- Blue Screen of Life
- British Standards Online Project
- Basic Skills OnLine for Europe
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management (various schools)
- Bastard Sons of Metal (band)
- Beats the Stuff Outta Me
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Government was also cutting the Bus Service Operators Grant (formerly fuel duty rebate) by 20%, she said.
This is due to a 20% cut in the Bus Service Operators Grant from April 1, alongside a planned 3p fuel duty rise.
National Express will no longer be able to offer half-price fares to over-60s and disabled people after the Bus Service Operators Grant is cut by 20 per cent in April.
As previously reported, we expect to manage the impact of the Government's Comprehensive Spending Review, in particular the reduction of Bus Service Operators Grant from April 2012, through mitigating actions including increased efficiencies.
Unite regional official John Partridge said: "I would say that, given the circumstances about the Bus Service Operators Grant being cut, we thought it best if we did the deal now to guarantee that we have some more money come October.
CPT's Director General, Brian Nimick, said: "This is good news for the UK coach industry - which, except for scheduled services, does not benefit from Bus Service Operators Grant - and is in line with CPT's representations to Government.
In the year ending March 2011, the British market for bus and coach services (including the Bus Service Operators Grant [BSOG], concessionary fare reimbursement, contracts, and other public transport support) had a value of 6.