Berkeley: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai and Numata Center for Buddhist Translation Research, 1999.
What does BDK stand for?
BDK stands for Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai (Society for the Promotion of Buddhism)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BDK
We have 34 other meanings of BDK in our Acronym Attic
- Ball der Jungen Wirtschaft (German: Junior Chamber Ball)
- Blue Diamond Jewellery Worldwide (Sri Lanka)
- (Java) Beans Development Kit
- Bad Design Kills
- Badly Drawn Kitties (online comic)
- Big Daddy Kane (rapper Juice Crew)
- Big Daddy Kool (Kevin Nash; wrestler)
- Bilan Diagnostic Kinésithérapique (French: Physiotherapeutic Diagnosis Assessment)
- Black & Decker (stock symbol)
- Black Disciple Killers
- Bundu Dia Kongo (French; Congolese political movement)
- Business Development Kit
- Bund der Deutschen Katholischen Jugend (German: German Catholic Youth Federation; Germany)
- Research Project of History of the Book Culture
- Black Dragon Kenpo Youth Organization
- Bad Data Link
- Bad Data List
- Bad Down Link
- Ball Don't Lie (sports blog)
- Banque de Dépannage Linguistique (French: Linguistics Breakdown Bank; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I regard one of my purposes in life as being an adviser to those who know a lot about Buddhism, but not a great deal about the languages of Buddhism" (A Philological Approach to Buddhism: The Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai Lectures 1994, 2nd ed.
As quoted by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche; "The Last Teaching of the Buddha," in The Teaching of the Buddha, 128th revised edition (Tokyo: Bukkyo Dendo Kyokai, 1986) accessed via trang.