Baltimore: Building Blocks for Youth Initiative, Annie E.
What does BBY stand for?
BBY stands for Building Blocks for Youth
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBY
We have 1 other meaning of BBY in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Bell, Pennsylvania (Airport Code)
- Boston-Buffalo Express (trucking)
- Business Barter Exchange
- Business Basic Extended
- Broad Band X-Ray Telescope
- Back Bay Station (Amtrak station code; Back Bay Boston, MA)
- BeBeyond (Chinese online community)
- Before Battle of Yavin (Star Wars)
- Best Buy (stock symbol)
- BlackBerry (mobile communications)
- Burdett, Buckeridge Young, Ltd. (Australia; est. 1987)
- Burnaby (BC, Canada town)
- Best Books for Young Adults
- Baguio Benguet Youth Against Drugs
- Bay Breeze Yacht Charters (Lake Michigan)
- Bedford Basin Yacht Club (est. 1953; Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Biscayne Bay Yacht Club (Florida)
- Botany Bay Yacht Club (est. 1964; Sans Souci, New South Wales, Australia)
- Bouvier Bay Yacht Club (Michigan)
- Bucklands Beach Yacht Club (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Building Blocks for Youth advocacy group delves deeply into what happens.
Details: For more information on Dia de la Juventud, visit the Building Blocks for Youth website at www.
A report just released by the consortium Building Blocks for Youth notes that 99 percent of these automatic transfers in Cook County in 1999 and 2000 were either African American or Hispanic.
Although there is probably no deliberate, known racism in the majority of cases, Building Blocks for Youth argues that the fact remains that young people of color are represented in juvenile justice systems in numbers that cannot be accounted for by law violations alone.
Most of the youths sent to the adult system could be better served in the juvenile system," said Mark Soler, President of the Youth Law Center and head of Building Blocks for Youth.
Juvenile crimes are vastly overreported by the media, reports the Building Blocks for Youth, Off Balance: Youth, Race, Crime in the News, a study that compiled dozens of survey results and research findings, found that although youth crime is at its "lowest ebb in a generation," 62 percent of adults think juvenile crime is increasing.
NAACP, Civil Rights Groups and Building Blocks for Youth Initiative Call on Presidential Candidates, State and Federal Governments to Address Racial Unfairness in Juvenile System WHAT: Washington, DC, Press Conference WHERE: National Press Club, Washington, DC WHEN: 9:30 a.