It was an era of poor safety, conditions and pay, and Owens was soon politically active representing workers, first as a union delegate and then as an organiser for the Builders Labourers Federation (BLF) New South Wales branch.
What does BLF stand for?
BLF stands for Builders Labourers Federation (Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BLF
We have 33 other meanings of BLF in our Acronym Attic
- Bright Light Foundation
- Bright Lights Film
- British Lung Foundation (UK)
- Brønderslev Lystfiskeriforening (Denmark)
- Bruce Lee Foundation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Brûlé Lathus Forage (French drilling company)
- Bryant Law Firm (Tulsa, OK)
- Bubble Lattice File
- Buckeye Liberty Foundation (Ohio)
- BudgetLightForum (website)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since being deregistered in 1986, the Builders Labourers Federation (BLF) has been the subject of four very different historical accounts.
95 AFTER FIVE YEARS `political and social embroilment' with the NSW Builders Labourers Federation, Meredith Burgmann writes of crying along with 2000 others at the final meeting in the Sydney Town Hall in 1975 when federal BLF intervention, spearheaded in the infamous shape of Norm Gallagher, ended the green bans period.