Mr Walsh, who celebrates 35 years in business, said: "With the Localism Bill, I fear that developments which create jobs, such as supermarkets and employment units, will suffer from the evolving BANANA - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything - movement.
What does BANANA stand for?
BANANA stands for Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BANANA
We have 3 other meanings of BANANA in our Acronym Attic
- Britain, Australasia and North America
- British Acoustic Neuroma Association (est. 1992; England, UK)
- Bulimia Anorexia Nervosa Association
- Bay Area Nanny Agency Association
- Barrie Area Native Advisory Circle (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- Bahrain National Gas Company
- Banco Nacional de México
- Bay Area Numerical Analysis Networking Alliance (California)
- Boron Artifact Non-Artifact Nefarious Anomaly (IBM)
- Bridge Analog Network and Node Analyzer (Cisco)
- Barangay Against Narcotics and Abusers and Traffickers (Philippine anti-drug organization)
- Bangladesh Bureau of Educational Information and Statistics
- Bay Area Network Consortium (San Francisco)
- Billing Account Number Correction
- Border Area Nutrition Council, Inc
- British Association of Nature Conservationists (UK)
- Broadband Access Network Coordination (WCA)
- Burroughs Audubon Nature Club (Rochester, New York)
- Biodiversity and Nature Conservation Association
- Biometric Access Control for Networked and E-Commerce Applications
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said: "We used to have so called NIMBYs, but now I'm told that we have a newer, even tougher generation, known fondly as BANANAs - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything.
He said: "We used to have so called NIMBYs but now I'm told that we have a newer, even tougher generation, known fondly as BANANAs - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything.