Chlamydial culture was performed by using buffalo green monkey kidney cells (Viromed, Minnetonka, MN, USA) grown under standard conditions.
What does BGMK stand for?
BGMK stands for Buffalo Green Monkey Kidney
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Boys and Girls Missionary Crusade
- Brighton Gay Men's Chorus (UK)
- Broward General Medical Center (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus (Buffalo, NY)
- Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (also seen as GMEA)
- Breedlove Guitar and Mandolin Forum (website)
- Barrick Goldstrike Mines, Inc. (Nevada)
- Barron's Gold Mining Index (finance)
- Beautiful Gate Ministries International (various locations)
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index
- Battle Group Mission Library
- Benchmarking Generation Modeling Language
- Betty and Gordon Moore Library (University of Cambridge; Cambridge, England, UK)
- Bharat Gold Mines Limited
- Bharat Gold Mines Ltd. (est. 1972; Department of Mines; India)
- Buffelsfontein Gold Mines Limited (South Africa)
- Bass Guitar Mode Maker (software)
- Blumengrossmarkt Management Suite
- Benno Gartenmann Management Partner (human resources consulting; Geneva, Switzerland)
- Border Gateway Multicast Protocol (IETF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1), namely human rhabdomyosarcoma (RD), human larynx carcinoma (Hep-2), and Buffalo green monkey kidney (BGMK), the three cell lines that we used are also routinely used for virus isolation and diagnosis of diseases caused by human enteroviruses that belong to the family Picornaviridae (2-7).
concluded that human and monkey cell lines (rhabdomyosarcoma [RD], human larynx carcinoma [Hep-2C], and Buffalo green monkey kidney [BGM]) could be infected by a penaeid shrimp virus, Taura syndrome virus (TSV) (1).