The Broadband Wireless Alliance, for example, is lobbying the FCC to turn over some of this unlicensed public spectrum for use by the wireless carriers, thus reducing the spectrum available to PWLAN operators.
What does BWA stand for?
BWA stands for Broadband Wireless Alliance
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BWA
We have 94 other meanings of BWA in our Acronym Attic
- Boil Water Advisory (health; various organizations)
- Borehole Water Association (of Southern Africa)
- Borg Warner Automotive, Inc
- Botswana (ISO Country code)
- Boulder Writers Alliance (Colorado)
- Brackish Water Allowance (shipping)
- Brian Walters and Associates
- British Waterplane Association (UK)
- British West Africa
- Broadband Wireless Access
- Broadband Wireless Association
- Bud Walton Arena (University of Arkansas)
- Bulldogs With Attitude
- Burrows-Wheeler Aligner (algorithm)
- Business Warehouse Accelerator (SAP)
- Business Web Agence (French internet marketing agency; Dijon, France)
- BWIA West Indies Airways - Trinidad & Tobago (ICAO code)
- Baldwin Whitehall Athletic Association (Pennsylvania)
- Baptist World Aid Australia
- Baseball Writers Association of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
27, 2002 New Committees Will Allow Industry Leaders to Determine the Direction of the Industry and Keep Government Regulation to a Minimum The Broadband Wireless Alliance (BWA) today announced the creation of 17 new Broadband Wireless Working Committees to begin the process of establishing coordination and promoting the progress being made by the hundreds of vendors, wireless operators, and end users in the Broadband Wireless Industry.
Leveraging its expertise and relationship with service providers in dial-up roaming, GRIC announced in April the formation of the Global Broadband Wireless Alliance.