We'd lost five major launches in '98 and '99, and the president directed the broad area review to stand up and look at what processes we needed to change to get back to a higher success rate.
What does BAR stand for?
BAR stands for Broad Area Review
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BAR
We have 184 other meanings of BAR in our Acronym Attic
- Board of Architectural Review (various locations)
- Born Again Rocketeer
- BRAIN (Broadband Radio Access for IP-based Networks) Access Router
- Brigade of the American Revolution
- Bright, Alert and Responsive
- Brinsley Animal Rescue (Nottingham, UK)
- British Accreditation Regency
- British American Racing (formula 1 racing team)
- British Archaeological Reports (Archaeopress; UK)
- British Association of Removers
- Broadband Aggregation Router (Pannaway Technologies)
- Broadcast Advertisers Reports
- Browning Automatic Rifle
- Bruto Aanvangsrendement (Dutch: Gross Initial Yield)
- Budget Amendment Request (various organizations)
- Buffer Address Register
- Builders All Risk (Insurance)
- Bulk Acoustic Resonator
- Buoyancy Air Releases (SCUBA diving)
- Bureau of Aeronautics Representative
Samples in periodicals archive:
Henry Baird, the Air Force Deputy Director of Launch Systems, will discuss their recent Broad Area Review of launch vehicles and DoD's future plans to ensure launch vehicle software reliability.
Our efforts have been strengthened by implementing recommendations from the Broad Area Review panel brought together by President Clinton and from the Boeing Mission Assurance Review panel.
This panel also will participate, as requested, with on-going government reviews, such as the Space Launch Broad Area Review ordered last month by President Clinton.