A micromechanical model of tension softening and bridging toughening of short random fibre reinforced brittle matrix composites, Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids 39(5): 607-625.
What does BMC stand for?
BMC stands for Brittle Matrix Composite
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BMC
We have 476 other meanings of BMC in our Acronym Attic
- Brattleboro Music Center (Brattleboro, VT)
- Breizh Mini Club (French: Brittany Mini Club; Mini Cooper club)
- Brethren/Mennonite Council for Lesbian and Gay Concerns (Church of the Brethren and Mennonite Organization)
- Brichanmumbai Municipal Corporation
- Bridgers Manufacturing Company
- Brigade Modernization Command (US Army)
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
- British Medical Council
- British Motor Corporation
- British Mountaineering Council
- Broadband Microwave Capacitor
- Broadcast Management Center
- Broadcast/Multicast Control
- Brown Mackie College (various locations)
- Broyhill Music Center (Appalachian State University; Boone, NC)
- Bryan-Michael Cox (musician)
- Bryn Mawr College
- Bubble Memory Controller
- Budapest Music Center (Hungarian record label)
- Budweiser, Miller, Coors (major US beer brewers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
of Arizona) explains the elastic crack model, energy balance, the effect of plasticity, the J-integral, fatigue crack growth, stress intensity factors for some practical crack geometries, numerical analysis, the Westergaard stress function and advanced topics such as stress irregularities at crack corners, fracture toughness and the strength of brittle matrix composites, and dynamic effects.
Numerous research studies have also shown that the addition of short fibers can improve the fracture toughness for brittle matrix composites (2-11).