A spokeswoman for Cleveland Police said: "Anyone with concerns about their dog being around horses or vice versa, can get an information sheet by the Blue Cross and British Horse Society from PC Mike Pilbeam of the Joint Equine Group on the non-emergency 101 number.
What does BHS stand for?
BHS stands for British Horse Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BHS
We have 276 other meanings of BHS in our Acronym Attic
- Brescia House School (est. 1966; South Africa)
- Briarcliff High School (Georgia)
- Bridge Head Server
- Bridgeport High School (West Virginia)
- Brighouse High School (UK)
- Bristol High School (Bristolville, OH)
- British Haiku Society (est. 1990; UK)
- British Herpetological Society (UK)
- British Hip Society
- British Home Stores (UK)
- British Hypertension Society (UK)
- Broad-Headed Snake (Australia)
- Broadneck High School (Maryland)
- Broadway High School (various locations)
- Brockton High School (Brockton, MA)
- Broken Heart Syndrome (stress cardiomyopathy)
- Brooke High School (Australia)
- Brookline High School (Brookline, MA)
- Brooklyn Heights Synagogue (Brooklyn, NY)
- Brooklyn Historical Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report presented to the committee yesterday said: "It is recommended to refuse this application given the complaints by the British Horse Society of horse riders being put off using this part of the bridleway for fear of themselves or their horses having an accident and the reported incident of one rider being thrown from a horse which bolted.
It is funded by the Heads of the Valleys programme and is supported by the British Horse Society and Open Spaces Society.
The British Horse Society is trying hard to promote off-road riding because there are no facilities for riders.
But the Ramblers Association and the British Horse Society objected, saying an alternative route alongside a congested ring road was unacceptable and the footpath was a basic right which should not be undermined by big corporations.
The move follows a year-long consultation exercise in which representatives from the British Horse Society, British Driving Society, the Forestry Commission and TROT discussed the best way to improve facilities for horse riders and carriage drivers.
BHA chief executive Nic Coward is to become chairman of the British Horse Industry Confederation (BHIC), which covers horseracing and other equine sports, from October 1, taking over the rotating position from Graham Cory of the British Horse Society.
Shocked organisers of the British Horse Society Scotland gathering were only given 15-minutes' notice of her arrival.