Coventry-based British Education Communications Technology Agency say most children don't tell parents what they've done at school.
What does BECTA stand for?
BECTA stands for British Education Communications Technology Agency (Coventry, West Midlands, England, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BECTA
We have 2 other meanings of BECTA in our Acronym Attic
- Bureau of Employer and Career Services (Pennsylvania)
- Business English Communication Skills
- BHP Billiton Energy Coal South Africa Ltd.
- Bulgarian European Community Studies Association
- Business Ethics and Conduct Steering Committee (Defense Industry Initiative)
- Burlington-Edison Committee for Science Education (New Jersey)
- Building Enhanced Cisco Security Networks
- Bureau d'Etudes Cliniques et Thérapeutiques (French: Office of Clinical Studies and Therapeutics; Paris, France)
- Bureau d'Etudes et de Contrôles Techniques (French: Bureau of Studies and Technical Control; Paris, France)
- [not an acronym] (formerly British Educational Communications and Technology Agency; UK)
- Brilliant Eyes Cryocooler Technology Experiment
- Benator Early Childhood Training Institute (Georgia)
- Benign Epilepsy of Childhood with Centrotemporal Spikes
- Broadcasting Entertainment Cinematograph and Theatre Union
- Beryllium Copper
- Body Electronic Control Unit (automotive)
- Boeing Employees Credit Union
- Bowater Employees Credit Union
- Brethren Employees' Credit Union (Church of the Brethren)
- Bovine Enteric Coro Navirus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bosses at the British Education Communications Technology Agency, based at Milburn Hill Science Park in Westwood Heath, Coventry, are concerned about the need to protect children from unsuitable web sites, mobile phone and Internet bullying and paedophiles on the web.