David was also appointed an OBE for services to chess and has served as president of the British Chess Federation.
What does BCF stand for?
BCF stands for British Chess Federation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BCF
We have 160 other meanings of BCF in our Acronym Attic
- Boaters Christian Fellowship (UK)
- Boating Camping Fishing (Australia)
- Boeing Converted Freighter
- Bolivian Charity Foundation (Houston, TX)
- Boulier Contract Fourniture (French: Boulier Contract Provision; home decor business)
- Branch Challenge Fund (Lutheran Brotherhood)
- Branched Continued Fraction
- Breast Cancer Fund
- Bretagne Chimie Fine (French: Brittany Fine Chemicals; Brittany, France)
- Bride Christian Fellowship
Samples in periodicals archive:
THERE was a fine win for E Priestley, 28, secretary of Huddersfield Chess Club, in the third round of the British Chess Federation congress at Swansea.
DOUBLE CHECKMATE: Hartlepool twins James and Robert Akehurst were level pegging in the chess stakes as they were both among the top ten young players in the country, according to the British Chess Federation under-11 rankings in January 1983.
British Chess Federation boss Susan Richards believes he has a special gift.
Charlotte is backing a campaign by the British Chess Federation to give chess international sport status.
Entry is pounds 3 and forms are available from Sean Marsh, British Chess Federation Arbiter, 13 Limpton Gate, Yarm, TS15 9JA.
Known for his trenchant views, he recently announced that he will run for the 2006 presidency of the Commonwealth Chess Association with the backing of the British Chess Federation.
Peter Turner, British Chess Federation Director of Junior Chess, from Scunthorpe, who organised the event, said: "I think the facilities are splendid and we were made very welcome by all the staff at the Pingles".