He is a former chief executive of the British Association of Social Workers and now runs Northumbria People, a company which provides advocacy, writing and publishing and funeral celebrancy, something Mr Dawson has recently qualified in.
What does BASW stand for?
BASW stands for British Association of Social Workers
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BASW
We have 1 other meaning of BASW in our Acronym Attic
- Barrington Area Special Voices (Barrington, IL)
- Bas-Congo Virus (rhabdovirus)
- Betriebs-Angelsportverein (German fishing club)
- Briefmarken-und Ansichtskartensammlerverein (German: Stamps and Postcard Collectors Club)
- British Antarctic Survey
- Bürger-Angel-Sport-Verein (German: Citizens Angel Sports Club)
- Bachelor's of Art in Social Work
- Belarusian Association of Social Workers
- Best American Sports Writing (book series)
- Board for Advising in Social Work (est. 1991; Slovakia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was Labour MP for Lancaster from 1997-2005 and a former chief executive of the British Association of Social Workers.
The British Association of Social Workers (BASW) Cymru has said the law itself stipulates a child's race must be given "due consideration".
SOCIAL workers from Cardiff were among the winners at the first ever British Association of Social Workers (BASW) Cymru awards ceremony.
But Hilton Dawson, of the British Association of Social Workers, said they already have the legal power to insist on the private meetings.
For more information contact The British Association of Social Workers at www.
British Association of Social Workers chief executive Ian Johnston said: "It's quite worrying, the thought that you might be vilified by the entire nation.
Ian Johnston, chief executive of the British Association of Social Workers, said his members were tired of being made a political football, damned for intervening too much or too little depending on the circumstances of the latest case to hit the headlines.