Microwave radiometers on satellites pick up these differences in emissivity, which are observed as variations in brightness temperature for the different types of ice.
What does TB stand for?
TB stands for Brightness Temperature
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TB
We have 44 other meanings of TB in our Acronym Attic
- Temporary Autonomous Zone
- The Admin Zone (website)
- Traffic Analysis Zone
- Transportation Analysis Zone
- To A Zeroth Approximation
- Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce (Malaysian public figure)
- Tanzania Zambia Railways
- Triaminoguanidinium Azide
- The Arizona Paranormal Research Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brightness temperature is the temperature of a blackbody having the same radiation emitted from a given area.
Note that the brightness temperature of the oceans is dependent on the angle of incidence.
TMI measures tropical rainfall characteristics from space by detecting microwave energy in the form of brightness temperatures from Earth's surface and atmosphere.