The Brannon Masculinity Scale (Brannon & Juni, 1984), consisting of 110 normative statements, was one of the first measures developed to assess traditional masculinity ideology.
What does BMS stand for?
BMS stands for Brannon Masculinity Scale (behavioral science)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BMS
We have 370 other meanings of BMS in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Mountain School (Orwigsburg, PA)
- Boeing Material Specification
- Bohumukhi Milon Shangha (Bangladesh)
- Boiler Management System
- Bombardment Squadron
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Boundary Multicultural Society (British Columbia, Canada)
- Boutique de la Menuiserie et du Store (French carpentry shop)
- Bowne Management Systems, Inc.
- Bradley Middle School
- Breed Middle School (Lynn, MA)
- Breizh Micro Services (French computer repair company)
- Brennan Middle School (Massachusetts)
- Brentwood Middle School (Brentwood, TN)
- Brevet de Maitrise Supérieur (French professional certification)
- Bridge Management System
- Brigade Medical Station (Canadian Armed Forces)
- Bright Mild Steel
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (pharmaceuticals and healthcare products)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thompson and Pleck's factor analysis of the Brannon Masculinity Scale (Brannon & Juni, 1984) yielded three factors composed of 26 items.
2003) reported that CMNI scores significantly related to other masculinity-related measures including the Brannon Masculinity Scale (Brannon & Juni, 1984), the Gender Role Conflict Scale (O'Neil et al.