The Wartsila Generation X engines also feature a higher stroke to bore ratio than the RT-flex engines, thus achieving lower engine speed and lower brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC).
What does BFSC stand for?
BFSC stands for Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (engines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BFSC
We have 15 other meanings of BFSC in our Acronym Attic
- Beaupréau Fief Sauvin Basket (French basketball club)
- Boston Federal Savings Bank (Lexington, MA)
- Brooklyn Federal Bancorp, Inc.
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- Barcelona Field Studies Centre (Barcelona, Spain)
- Barclay Farm Swim Club (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Basic Firearms Safety Certificate (Canada)
- Battlefield Functional System Concept
- bona fide sub-contractor
- Bonna Fiesta Salsa Club (Bonn, Germany; band)
- British Forces Scooter Club
- Built From Scratch Clothing (independent garment designers)
- Black Family Stem Cell Institute (Mount Sinai Medical Center; Manhattan, NY)
- Balkan Foundation for Sustainable Development (Macedonia)
- Bellagio Forum for Sustainable Development
- Best Friends Since Diapers
- Bahrain Financial Services Development Bureau
- Budgie Fanciers of San Diego County
- Battle Force Systems Engineering
- Blind Fractionally-Spaced Equalization
Samples in periodicals archive:
Most of these studies reported that engine brake power and brake thermal efficiency are lower and brake specific fuel consumption is higher when using cooking oil methyl ester and its blends than diesel fuel, especially with increase of biodiesel in the blends (Canakci et al.
Turbocharged diesel engine's fuel consumption being directly influenced by the turbocharger efficiency through the engine's pumping cycle work, the more efficient the turbomachinery, the lower the work done by the engine during the pumping cycle, resulting in better engine Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC).
Common practice is to consider component efficiencies (engine brake thermal efficiency or brake specific fuel consumption, compressor mechanical efficiency, compressor thermal efficiency or horsepower per million standard cubic feet per day).
A higher stroke to bore ratio thus achieving lower engine speed and lower brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC) is a feature possessed by WEnrtsilEn Generation X Engines.
The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of ethanol and petrol addition to RO on blend viscosity, percentage changes in brake mean effective pressure (bmep), brake specific fuel consumption (bsfc), the brake thermal efficiency ([[eta].
This involves the special Brake Specific Fuel Consumption curve developed in step two of the optimization process.
to conduct bench tests on the diesel engine and provide a comparative analysis of the effect of ethanol and petrol addition to rapeseed oil on brake mean effective pressure, brake specific fuel consumption and brake thermal efficiency when operating on pure RO and its blends under constant air-to-fuel equivalence ratio, [lambda] = 1.