During January 2008-December 2010, we screened 3,186 fecal samples on brain-heart infusion agar with 5% defibrinated sheep blood and antimicrobial drugs (bacitracin, cycloheximide, colistin sulfate, cephazoline sodium, novobiocin) and incubated under microaerophillic environment (5% [O.
What does BHIA stand for?
BHIA stands for Brain-Heart Infusion Agar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHIA
We have 2 other meanings of BHIA in our Acronym Attic
- Brain Heart Infusion (agar)
- Branch If Higher
- Breath-Holding Index (medical evaluation)
- British Horological Institute (UK)
- British Humanities Index (UK)
- Bulletin Hebdomadaire International (French: Weekly International Bulletin)
- Bureau of Health Information
- Biphasic Human Insulin 30/70
- Bachelor of Health Information Administration
- Bay Head Improvement Association (Bay Head, NJ)
- British Healthcare Internet Association
- Brain-Heart Infusion Broth
- Brain-Heart Infusion Blood Agar
- Bald Head Island Conservancy (est. 1983; North Carolina)
- Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals (band)
- Boustead Heavy Industries Corporation Berhad (Malaysian investment holding company)
- Brabants Historisch Informatie Centrum (North Brabant, The Netherlands)
- British Horse Industry Confederation (UK)
- Beverly Hills International Center for Aesthetic Surgery (California)
- Buro Happold Inclusive Design (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Incubation in Sabouraud's dextrose agar (at 25[degrees]C) and brain-heart infusion agar (at 37[degrees]C) for 6 days yielded a grayish growth with aerial mycelia.
Aliquots of 100 [micro]L were seeded onto plates containing brain-heart infusion agar, supplemented with 1% glucose, 0.