coli DH5[alpha] harboring pOrl-1-CTX-M-1 were tested for invasiveness in human brain microvascular endothelial cells (10) and in a newborn mouse (C57BL/6 wild-type) model of meningitis (R.
What does BMEC stand for?
BMEC stands for Brain Microvascular Endothelial Cell
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BMEC
We have 12 other meanings of BMEC in our Acronym Attic
- Burlington Municipal Employees Association (Burlington, MA)
- Business Management Enterprise Architecture
- Biomedical Engineering Alliance for Industrial Internships (Biomedical Engineering Society)
- Bangladesh Madrasah Education Board
- Bilingual Multicultural Education Bureau (New Mexico)
- Business and Management EBusiness Systems (Brunei University)
- Benign Myoclonic Epilepsy of Childhood
- Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre (Birmingham, West Midlands, England, UK)
- Black and Minority Ethnic Community
- Bone Marrow Endothelial Cell
- Brigade Main Engineer Cell
- British Marine Equipment Council (est. 1966; trade association; London, UK)
- Business Management Education Centre (UK)
- Blue Mountain Eagle Climbing Club
- Burmese Muslim Education and Community Center (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Black and Minority Ethnic Community Partnership (UK)
- Beaumont Municipal Employees Credit Union (now Beaumont Community Credit Union; Beaumont, TX)
- Boulder Municipal Employees Credit Union (Boulder, CO)
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Medicine
Samples in periodicals archive:
This tip seems to directly attach to the brain microvascular endothelial cells and then stimulate them to take in the pneumococcus.
HIV-1-infected mononuclear phagocytes downregulate tight junction protein and special polarized transport systems on brain microvascular endothelial cells (BMEC), as shown in human autopsy brain tissue and in severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) mice with HIV (28).