Marine Agar and Brain Heart Infusion Agar with 1% NaCl were both chosen for plating bacteria because of their nonselective properties.
What does BHI stand for?
BHI stands for Brain Heart Infusion (agar)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BHI
We have 74 other meanings of BHI in our Acronym Attic
- Biomedical Health Informatics
- Biosynthetic Human Insulin
- Black Hawk Industries (Virginia)
- Black Hebrew Israelite
- Blue Health Intelligence (resource; Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association)
- Bomb Hit Indication
- Bone Healing Index (treatment assessment)
- Bonita House, Inc. (Oakland, CA)
- Boots Healthcare International
- Box Hill Institute (Australia)
- Branch If Higher
- Breath-Holding Index (medical evaluation)
- British Horological Institute (UK)
- British Humanities Index (UK)
- Bulletin Hebdomadaire International (French: Weekly International Bulletin)
- Bureau of Health Information
- Biphasic Human Insulin 30/70
- Bachelor of Health Information Administration
- Bay Head Improvement Association (Bay Head, NJ)
- Brain-Heart Infusion Agar
Samples in periodicals archive:
The material was rinsed to remove unattached cells and placed in diluted brain heart infusion broth, and incubated for 24 hours at 25 C to facilitate the formation of a biofilm.
Axenic and monoxenic cultivation of Acanthoamoeba in serum, thioglycollate broth, trypticase soy broth and brain heart infusion broth was also performed (Penland and Kirk, 1997).
Pythium insidiosum can be cultured on Sabouraud dextrose or brain heart infusion agar at 37[degrees]C from clinical material, such as pus, lesion exudates, and biopsy material.
The researchers used an additional enrichment step with brain heart infusion broth at 37 C for 24 hours to confirm the complete inactivation of bacteria.
Isolates were grown overnight in 5 mL of brain heart infusion broth at 37[degrees]C, harvested by centrifugation, and washed with 1 mL resuspension buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl [pH 7.
aureus was determined by broth microdilution (vancomycin MIC = 8 [micro]g/mL) and was confirmed by E-test (vancomycin MIC = 6 [micro]g/mL) and growth on a brain heart infusion screening plate containing 6 [micro]g of vancomycin.
Five ml of blood was added to 50 mi of brain heart infusion broth (Hi-Media Laboratory, India) under aseptic conditions.