We bled one-half of each brood by extracting blood from a brachial vein following established guidelines of The Ornithological Council (Gaunt et al.
What does BV stand for?
BV stands for Brachial Vein
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BV
We have 24 other meanings of BV in our Acronym Attic
- Blue Valentine (film)
- Bombeiros Voluntários (Portuguese: Volunteer Firemen Corporation)
- Bon Voyage (The Sims 2 Expansion Pack)
- Book Value
- Booking Value (sales commission calculation)
- Booster Vehicle (National Missile Defense ground based interceptor program)
- Bound Volume (printed collection)
- Boundary Value
- Bourn-Vita (Cadbury's drink)
- Bouvet Island
Samples in periodicals archive:
Then nitroglycerine infusion via left brachial vein was started.
The new technique, developed by researchers in VCU's Reanimation Engineering Shock Center (VCURES), determines CVP by monitoring blood volume changes in the arm in response to externally applied circumferential pressure to the brachial vein -- the large vessel in the arm that carries blood between the elbow and shoulder back to the heart.
He then repaired the cephalic and brachial veins with 12 tiny sutures each.
This novel technique may also be performed by giving some contrast agent through the ipsilateral brachial vein for guidance (5).