The tick carries an anemia-causing parasite that preys on cattle blood cells and spreads bovine babesiosis, which causes fever, paralysis and often leads to death if left untreated.
What does BB stand for?
BB stands for Bovine Babesiosis
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BB
We have 199 other meanings of BB in our Acronym Attic
- Bond Building (US government)
- Boogie Bandits (breakdance crew)
- Book Binge (website)
- Booty Bay (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Border Brother (prison gang)
- Boroondara Brass (Boroondara, VIC, Australia)
- Botrycoccus Braunii (microalga)
- Bottom Bounce
- Bottom Bracket (bicycle)
- Boulogne Boys
Samples in periodicals archive:
Large scale survey of bovine babesiosis due to Babesia divergens in France.
Bovine babesiosis is listed by the World Organization for Animal Health as a notifiable disease," says Adalberto Perez de Leon, director of the Knipling-Bushland U.