During the last ten years, the numbers of foreigners obtaining residency have been as follows: Americans 14,217; Haitians, 9,563; Cubans, 7,387; Colombians, 6,494; Spaniards, 6,145; Chinese, 4,575; Italians, 4,208; French, 3,633; Germans, 3,345; Canadians, 2,141; Swiss, 1,557; Argentinians, 1,187; Brazilians, 1,022; British, 819; Chileans, 721; Ecuadorians, 649; Salvadorians, 571; Belgians, 504; South Koreans, 481; Dutch, 473; Costa Ricans, 420, and Guatemalans, 406; Residencies have also been granted to citizens from Afghanistan, Angola, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Burundi, Benin, Bahrain, Belarus, Bouvet Island, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Western Sahara, Ghana, Gambia, Georgia, Cambodia, Jordan, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Japan and other countries.
What does BVT stand for?
BVT stands for Bouvet Island (ISO Country code)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BVT
We have 33 other meanings of BVT in our Acronym Attic
- Beach Volley Toulousain (French beach volleyball association; Toulouse, France)
- Beance Tubaire Volontaire (French: Voluntary Tubal Opening)
- Bee Venom Therapy
- Behavioral Verification Technology (IBM)
- BEHRINGER Virtual Tube (Amplifier)
- Best Value Tendering (UK)
- Biodiversité Végétale Tropicale (French: Tropical Plant Biodiversity)
- Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School (Upton, MA)
- Blue Vein Throbber
- Bournville Village Trust (UK)
- Brun de Vian Tiran (French wool manufacturer)
- Buena Vista Township (New Jersey)
- Build Verification Test (Software testing process)
- Burlington, Vermont
- Business Verification Testing
- Bella Vista Townhouse Association (Missouri)
- Blackstone Valley Tennis Association (Cumberland, RI)
- Book Value of Total Assets (finance)
- Brisbane Valley Tourism Association Incorporated (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Enter nine male elephant seals that swam 1,600 kilometers (about 1,000 miles) from Bouvet Island (written as Bouvetoya in Norwegian), in the middle of the Southern Ocean, to the outskirts of the Fimbul Ice Shelf.
Bouvet Island, for example, lies 4,430 km from Heard Island, but they share 30 percent of their moss species, 29 percent of their liverworts, and 32 percent of their lichens.