In order to preserve health care access for some of the city's most vulnerable people, Mayor Menino helped broker the merger of Boston City Hospital and Boston University Medical Center Hospital to create the Boston Medical Center (BMC) in 1996.
What does BUMCH stand for?
BUMCH stands for Boston University Medical Center Hospital
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Bloomsburg University Manga and Anime Club (Bloomsburg, PA)
- Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova Anti-Drug Programme
- Bar Underground Music Bunker (venue; the Netherlands)
- Backup Master Control Station (GPS)
- Bakerstown United Methodist Church (Gibsonia, PA)
- Bath University Mountaineering Club (UK)
- Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas, Texas)
- Bethesda United Methodist Church (Bethesda, MD)
- Boston University Medical Campus (Boston, MA)
- Brentwood United Methodist Church (Brentwood, Tennessee)
- Backup Master Control Station (GPS, Gathersburg, Maryland)
- Badan Usaha Milik Daerah (Indonesian: Regionally-Owned Enterprises)
- Bogazici Universitesi Mezunlar Dernegi (university in Turkey)
- Bureau of Medicine & Surgery (US Navy)
- Chief, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (US Navy)
- Bureau of Medicine and Surgery Instruction (US Navy)
- Brakes Undercarriage Mixture Fuel (pilot mnemonic for takeoff/landing check list)
- Bum Fodder (toilet paper; chiefly British military slang for information developed without an accurate basis)
- Burundi Mining Company
- Bureau of Mines (United States Department of the Interior)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The BPHC is an organization created in 1996 to administer the city's essential public health programs and to act as lessor for the Boston Medical Center Corporation (BMCC), the entity operating the former Boston City Hospital and Boston University Medical Center Hospital.
Ullian was previously President and Chief Executive Officer of Boston University Medical Center Hospital and President and Chief Executive Officer of Faulkner Hospital.