University of Texas at El Paso , in collaboration with the Pan American Health Organization and the Border Environment Cooperation Commission, will conduct an HIA to inform the Village of Vinton, TX, regarding the impacts of proposed water and sanitation improvement projects and of certification and funding decisions on this and similar projects by the Border Environment Cooperation Commission and the North American Development Bank.
What does BECC stand for?
BECC stands for Border Environment Cooperation Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BECC
We have 54 other meanings of BECC in our Acronym Attic
- Benghazi Engineering Consulting Bureau
- Blimp Engine Control Board
- BNA Environmental Compliance Bulletin (BNA = Bureau of National Affairs)
- Boeing Employees' Concert Band
- Boitier d'Estimation de Charge Batterie
- Babson Executive Conference Center
- Basic Engineering Common Core (Navy "A" school)
- Behavior, Energy and Climate Change (conference)
- Beneficial Effect of Composite Construction (structures)
- Boeing Emplyees Coin Club (Kent, WA)
- Burst Erasure Correcting Code
- Business Espionage Controls & Countermeasures Association
- Basic Engineering Casualty Control Exercise
- Behaviour Change Counselling Index
- Best Electronics and Components Company Inc. (est. 1992)
- Bio-Energy with Carbon Capture and Storage (greenhouse gas mitigation)
- Benign Epilepsy of Childhood with CentroTemporal Spikes
- Box Elder County Credit Union (Utah)
- Business Education and Community Development (Peace Corps)
- Business, Economic and Community Development (Seattle, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For 16 months before that she was the project manager of the Border Environment Cooperation Commission in Juarez, Mexico, responsible for developing environmental infrastructure projects within a 100-kilometer region along the U.
Mexico border, such as the North American Development Bank ("NADBank") and the Border Environment Cooperation Commission ("BECC"), (20) have provided little substantive assistance in spite of their interest in transnational environmental problems.
RELATED ARTICLE: NAFTA'S ENVIRONMENTAL SIDE AGREEMENT Because of concerns regarding the environment, the NAFTA negotiations created two additional agreements: the North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation (the environmental side agreement) and the agreement establishing the Border Environment Cooperation Commission (BECC) and the North American Development Bank (NADBank).
The governments will establish two institutions: 1) a North American Development Bank (NADBank), capitalized in equal shares by the United States and Mexico, that will provide some $2 billion or more in new financing to supplement existing sources of funds and foster the expanded participation of private capital; and 2) a Border Environment Cooperation Commission (BECC) to assist local communities in developing and implementing environmental infrastructure projects and to certify projects for NADBank financing.
New Solar Power Project with the Border Environment Cooperation Commission Demonstrates Promise of Clean Power, Economic Growth and Bilateral Partnership MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.
254, "To authorize the President of the United States to agree to certain amendments to the Agreement between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the United Mexican States concerning the establishment of a Border Environment Cooperation Commission and a North American Development Bank, and for other purposes.
NAFTA is sometimes called a "green" trade agreement because it established three associated environmental institutions: the Border Environment Cooperation Commission (BECC) and the North American Development Bank (NADbank), which were charged with identifying and funding infrastructure projects in Mexico and the United States, and the Montreal-based North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC), which is charged with confronting environmental problems in the whole continent.