For tax years beginning in 1990, the ACE tax preference adjustment replaced the book income adjustment for the calculation of the corporate alternative minimum tax.
What does BIA stand for?
BIA stands for Book Income Adjustment (tax)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BIA
We have 215 other meanings of BIA in our Acronym Attic
- Bioelectric Impedance Analysis
- BioIndustry Association
- Bioindustry Association (UK)
- Biométrie et Intelligence Artificielle (French: Biometrics and Artificial Intelligence)
- Biospecific Interaction Analysis
- Board of Immigration Appeals (US DOJ)
- Board of Indian Affairs (state of Utah)
- Boating Industry Association (now NMMA)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Austria
- Bomb Impact Assessment
- Boost, Insertion, and Abort
- Border & Immigration Agency (UK, formerly Immigration and Nationality Directorate)
- Born Into Ashes (band)
- Bradley International Airport (Hartford, Connecticut)
- Braille Institute of America, Inc.
- Brain Injury Association (USA)
- Breakfast in America (restaurant; Paris, France)
- Bremer Innovations Agentur (German innovation support company)
- Brevet d'Initiation Aéronautique (French aeronautics diploma)
- Brick Industry Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
After three years of coping with the arbitrary book income adjustment, corporate taxpayers for tax years beginning after December 31, 1989, will need to compute adjusted current earnings (ACE) to arrive at AMT income (AMTI).
Enacted as part of the Tax Reform Act of 1986, the ACE adjustment will replace the rather arbitrary book income adjustment as a means of capturing a measure of economic income within the AMT income base.