Nuclear Regulatory Commission for the world's safest boiling water reactor.
What does BWR stand for?
BWR stands for Boiling Water Reactor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BWR
We have 41 other meanings of BWR in our Acronym Attic
- Buzz Word Quotient
- Bureau of Water Quality Planning (Nevada)
- Business Water Quality Program (Canada)
- Background Water Quality Report (US EPA)
- Beach Water Quality Workgroup (California)
- Bandwidth Ratio
- Bar Width Reduction (bar coding)
- Barcelona World Race (Barcelona, Spain)
- Basic (daily) Water Requirement (United Nations term)
- Basic Water Rescue (course)
- Brownsville Weir and Reservoir (Texas)
- Boiling Water Reactor
- British Wheelchair Racing Association (UK)
- Bangkok Women Really Are Fellas (mnemonic)
- Bangkok Women Really Are Fun (diving mnemonic; Thailand)
- Begin with Review and Friend (SCUBA diving)
- Being Wary Reduces All Failures (diving mnemonic)
- Big White Rabbits Are Fluffy (diving nuemonic)
- Big Women Really Are Fun (diving memory tool)
- Blonde Women Really Are Funny
Samples in periodicals archive:
As one solution to this challenge, Hitachi has undertaken the development of RBWRs based on Boiling Water Reactor technologies, which already have an extensive track record of applications in commercial nuclear reactors.
Russ Kearney comes to PPL Susquehanna from the Clinton Power Station, a single-unit Boiling Water Reactor in Clinton, Ill.
Here he investigates a number of open issues about the stability characteristics of natural circulation boiling water reactors (BWRs), including the effects of downscaling the thermal hydraulics of natural circulation BWRs, experiments about the stability of natural circulation BWRs, the results of an experimental parametric study of natural circulation BWRs, experimental and analytical investigations on flashing-induce instabilities in a single channel, and flashing-induced oscillations in parallel channels.
While the industry will continue to rely on traditional Boiling Water Reactors for the near term, the partners would like to progress to new reactor technology by 2030, which poses an additional hurdle for the auto industry as many automakers hope to have hydrogen-fueled vehicles on the market before those spiffy, new tech reactors start up, which means we may have to rely on outdated and inefficient technology to get us started on the hydrogen pathway GM and others have laid out.
Photo: Schematic of one boiling water reactor and its containment.
Westinghouse Northern Europe vice president and managing director Johan Hallen said: "It also helps us strengthen our position as a leading boiling water reactor fuel supplier on the European market which ensures a strong domestic industry employing thousands in Sweden.
of the United States said Tuesday its next-generation boiling water reactor has passed a safety review by the U.