html) Body Integrity Identity Disorder , a psychological condition where someone becomes fixated on a perceived physical flaw in their appearance.
What does BIID stand for?
BIID stands for Body Integrity Identity Disorder (desire for elective impairment)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of BIID in our Acronym Attic
- British Isles Indoor Bowls Council
- Bahrain International Insurance Center (Manama, Bahrain)
- Basic Issue Item Code
- British Insurers International Committee (UK)
- British-Irish Intergovernmental Conference (est. 1998)
- Business Innocent Insured Coverage (Lawyers Insurance Fund; British Columbia Law Society; Canada)
- Business Intelligence Improvement Cycle
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (Canada)
- Baseline Integrated Infantry Combat System
- Bullous Inherited Ichthyosiform Erythrodermia
- Basic Image Interchange Format
- Big Island Interscholastic Federation (Hawaii high school sports)
- Bee Instrumental Insemination Group (UK)
- Border Initiatives Implementation Group (Ministry of Transportation, Canada)
- Business Information in Government (UK)
- Bushra International Institute of Graduate Studies (India)
- British Islamic Insurance Holdings
- Brandeis Institute for International Judges (Brandeis University; forum)
- Buggered If I Know
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among those conditions are apathy syndrome, body integrity identity disorder, complicated grief disorder, developmental trauma disorder, disorders of extreme stress NOS, fetal alcohol syndrome, Internet addiction, male-to-eunuch gender identity disorder, melancholia, parental alienation disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and sensory processing disorder.
It may sound like a scene from a transgender support group, but in Carlos Brooks's savvy thriller Quid Pro Quo, these people are suffering from body integrity identity disorder (BIID).