However, if the ewe had a belowtarget body condition score before lambing, there is a greater chance of a reduction in milk yield and an increased risk of mastitis.
What does BCS stand for?
BCS stands for Body Condition Score
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BCS
We have 551 other meanings of BCS in our Acronym Attic
- Blackwell Consulting Services (various locations)
- Blanchard Chauffage Sanitaire (French: Blanchard Sanitary Heating)
- Blank Check Stock
- Block Check Sequence (GPRS Backward Error Correction)
- Block Count Sheet
- Blount County Schools (Maryville, TN)
- Blue Creek School (Billings, MT)
- Board Certified in Securities
- Board of Celtic Studies (University of Wales)
- Body Cavity Search
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dr Rhian Hayward from the university's technology transfer team, said it takes into account weight, workload, body condition score, behaviour and health status.
The rate and amount of changes in body condition score (BCS) and backfat thickness are good indicators of body energy reserve mobilization in early lactation (Grummer et al.
In this inspection, age, body condition score and Pregnancy status of animals was investigated .
Vets also use a body condition score to assess the shape and feel of a pet - one being underweight and five being obese.
Performance and body condition score of sheep grazing on irrigated Tifton 85 pasture or receiving concentrate supplementation with different protein sources.
Body condition score was also determined as per the procedures laid down by Jefferies .
Body condition score was determined using a 5-point scale where 1 = thin to 5 = fat (Wildman et al.