CONCLUSION Renal artery pseudoaneurysm after blunt abdominal trauma is uncommon but can be diagnosed with standard radiographic techniques.
What does BAT stand for?
BAT stands for Blunt Abdominal Trauma
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BAT
We have 264 other meanings of BAT in our Acronym Attic
- Best Available Treatment
- Béton Armé Translucide (French: Translucent Reinforced Concrete)
- Beweglicher Arzt Trupp (German: Mobile Medical Team)
- Big Ass Tent
- Billet des Auteurs de Théatre (French theater journal)
- Biological Augmentation Team
- Biometrics Automated Toolset
- Blitz Action Trauma (ammunition; Geco)
- Block Address Translation
- Blood Alcohol Test
Samples in periodicals archive:
Laparoscopic management of intraperitoneal bladder rupture secondary to blunt abdominal trauma using intracorporeal single layer suturing technique.
4) Significant blunt abdominal trauma can result in short- or long-term complications.
Emergency ultrasound-based algorithms for diagnosing blunt abdominal trauma.
Following a motorcycle accident, a 42-year-old otherwise healthy man suffered blunt abdominal trauma with secondary intestinal injury and fractures of the lower extremities without any severe neurologic abnormalities.
Blunt abdominal trauma (BAT) occurs frequently among children and adults.
While splenic injury occurs in approximately 30% of blunt abdominal trauma, spontaneous rupture has also been reported in the absence of injury.
Such injuries are more common in pregnant patients than in nonpregnant women and are even more common with pelvic fracture and blunt abdominal trauma.