The Kit is a collection of software applications that enable PC and drive manufacturers to qualify a full range of BD capabilities including data backup of as much as 25GB on Blu-ray Disc Recordable (BD-R) or Blu-ray Disc Rewritable (BD-RE) media, non-protected Blu-ray disc copying, and BDAV format recording and playback.
What does BD-RE stand for?
BD-RE stands for Blu-ray Disc Rewritable
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Butane Diol
- By Direction
- Bypass Diode
- La Bande Dessinee
- Building Design & Construction
- Basic Dungeons and Dragons (game)
- Business Development & Licensing
- Blu-Ray Disc Java (programming)
- Blu-ray Disc Movie (also seen as BDMV)
- Blu-ray Disc Recordable
- Bluray Disc - Read Only Memory
- balloon diameter to body surface area ratio
- Blowdown Emergency Core Cooling
- Balloon Diameter/Pulmonary Anulus Diameter Ratio
- Binary Decoder/Timing Module
- By Designers for Designers (collective to inspire new media designers)
- Bachelor of Development Administration
- Bachelor of Dramatic Art
- Backup Drive Amplifier
- Balanced Degree Allocation
Samples in periodicals archive:
TW), a world leader and pioneer in providing integrated solutions for the Digital Home, and a contributing member of the Blu-ray Disc Association, today announced strategic support for Blu-ray disc technology, unveiling Blu-ray Disc Rewritable (BD-RE) playback via CyberLink PowerDVD.
The BDF began licensing the Blu-ray Disc Rewritable format in February 2003 and is currently developing BD-ROM "read-only" and BD-R "Recordable" formats.