A nationwide patient safety campaign reduced the rate of central-line bloodstream infections in intensive care units by 40 percent, according to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
What does BSI stand for?
BSI stands for Bloodstream Infection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSI
We have 282 other meanings of BSI in our Acronym Attic
- Biological Specimen Inventory System (Information Management Services, Inc.)
- Biophotonic Solutions, Inc.
- BioSciences Institute (Ireland, UK)
- Biospherical Instruments Inc. (est. 1977)
- Biotechnical Services, Inc.
- Biothane Systems International BV (Netherlands)
- Black Sheep Inn (various locations)
- Blanchier Solutions d'Impression (French printing company)
- Blind Spot Information System (vehicle safety)
- Blood System Infection
- Bloody Sunday Inquiry (UK)
- Blue Sky Institute (West Jordan, UT)
- Blue Square-Israel Ltd
- Blue Star Infotech (Santa Clara, CA)
- Blue Star Interactive LLC
- Bob Smith Industries
- Body Shop International (Brighton, UK)
- Body Substance Isolation (transmittable disease protection)
- Bodyguard Services International Ltd (UK)
- Boeing Services International
Samples in periodicals archive:
FROM THE ANNUAL INTERSCIENCE CONFERENCE ON ANTIMICROBIAL AGENTS AND CHEMOTHERAPY CHICAGO-Adults with a bloodstream infection face an increased risk of developing colorectal cancer within 1 year, according to the results of a Canadian study.
Bloodstream infection is associated with significant attributable morbidity and mortality.
By making catheter bloodstream infections rare events, we are not only helping those patients who might have been infected, but also making more beds available for other sick children who need our [intensive care units]," Gilliam said in the news release.
The trust explained: "Figures for MRSA bloodstream infection rates in the North East Wales Trust remain relatively stable or falling.
We report the first known case of a device-related bloodstream infection involving Staphylococcus lugdunensis small-colony variants.
I expect MRSA bloodstream infection rates to be halved in our hospitals by 2008.
When applied to a central venous catheter site, the dressing helps reduce catheter tip colonization and bloodstream infection.