As a bleeding-heart liberal of a kind condemned as a "do-gooder" (why should doing good be a cause for criticism?
What does BHL stand for?
BHL stands for Bleeding-Heart Liberal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BHL
We have 55 other meanings of BHL in our Acronym Attic
- Bachelor of Hebrew Letters/Literature
- Back-Hoe Loader
- Backyard Hockey League (Canada)
- Battle Handover Line
- Bentley Historical Library (University of Michigan)
- Berkeley Heart Lab (est. 1995; California)
- Bilateral Hilar Lymphadenomegaly
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Biohazard Level
- Bleeding Heart Libertarian (politics)
- Boosters Hotline (online gaming community)
- Borehole Log (geophysics)
- Bottom Hole Location (Oil and Gas)
- Bottom of Heated Length
- Brands Hatch Leisure (UK)
- Breath Hydrogen Level
- Brethren Historical Library and Archives (Elgin, IL)
- Ban Hin Lee Bank (Malaysia)
- Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc.
- Berliner Hilfsmittel Logistik Dienstleistungscenter (German: Berliner Aids Logistics Services Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He's not a bleeding-heart liberal who has devoted his life to charity," Fox Sports added, as if to suggest that it is surprising that non-liberals, who do not believe in government transfer-the-wealth programs, can be generous with their own time or money.
He's also a bit of a bleeding-heart liberal - a forceful advocate for a stronger safety net, including more specialty courts, more mental health facilities, more treatment beds, better schools.
Some bleeding-heart liberal Christians act as if usury (the old fashioned term for interest earned on loaned money) is a sin.
But for bleeding-heart liberals he wrote an entirely different comment in these pages yesterday - "Only we can help the poor" - challenging Cameron on poverty while emphasising the caring elements in his welfare reform green paper.
As a bleeding-heart liberal, my initial reaction was to say if they're going for segregation, what about a special ward for white lard-buckets who only get out of bed to go to the nearest Mecca and shout "house".
The fact that "progressives," the politically correct term for bleeding-heart liberals these days, run wild in the San Fernando Valley is not something Angelenos should boast about.
Bleeding-heart liberal Mr Clarke is certainly not - but is he a bold reformer who is not afraid to speak up for the real victims of crime (as he would have us believe) or an authoritarian who does not believe democracy and civil liberties are natural bedfellows?