[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Dear Editor, As a TACOM logistics assistance representative at Ft Riley, I have been asked several times how to install the M19 blank firing attachment (BFA) on the new M2A1 machine gun.
What does BFA stand for?
BFA stands for Blank Firing Attachment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BFA
We have 134 other meanings of BFA in our Acronym Attic
- Bikers from Alberta (website)
- Billard Français Américain (French: French American Billiards)
- Binding Framework Agreement
- Biological Farmers Association
- Biologie Fonctionnelle et Adaptative (French: Adaptive and Functional Biology; Paris Diderot University; Paris, France)
- Birds Flying Away (song by Mason Jennings)
- BIT (Built-in-test) False Alarm
- Black Female Adult
- Black Forest Academy
- Blank Firing Adapter
- Blue Front Amazon (parrot)
- Boao Forum for Asia
- Body Fat Analysis (biology)
- Boiler Failed Alarm
- Bolling Family Association
- Boni de Fin d'Année (French: Year-End Bonus)
- Books for Africa (St. Paul, MN)
- Botswana Football Association (Botswana)
- Bouncing Failure Analysis
- Braithwaite Fine Arts (Souther Utah University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the end of his SA80 rifle is a yellow BFA ( Blank Firing Attachment.
At the end of his SA80 rifle is a yellow BFA - Blank Firing Attachment - which ensures the weapon fires blanks.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Some gunners think that because they're just firing blanks it doesn't make much difference which blank firing attachment (BFA) they use.
The C1 uses the standard FN bayonet, but the most commonly seen accessory is the yellow blank firing attachment that fits over the muzzle.
mil Don't forget the M249 short barrel now has its own blank firing attachment, NSN 1005-01-537-0491.
The NSN for the M240/M240C blank firing attachment that was given on Page 23 in PS 638 (Jan 06) is no longer good Now you must order the M21 blank firing attachment, NSN 1005-01-142-2841, and the M1/M1A1 firing attachment adapter, NSN 1005-01-218-0893, to fire blanks from the M240/M240C.
Could you do something similar on what blank firing attachments (BFA) to use for each weapon and why it's important to use the correct one?