Just over pounds 9,500 of joint funding from the Welsh Assembly Government, Sports Council for Wales and Countryside Council for Wales (CCW) has been awarded to the Black Environment Network (BEN) in North Wales to set up walking groups for the Chinese population.
What does BEN stand for?
BEN stands for Black Environment Network (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BEN
We have 67 other meanings of BEN in our Acronym Attic
- Balkan Endemic Nephropathy
- Base Encyclopedia Number (US DoD; also seen as BE number)
- Benghazi Benina International Airport (airport code, Libya)
- Benin (ISO Country code)
- Benson (Amtrak station code; Benson, AZ)
- Bilingual Education Network
- Bio-Electronic Navigator (Treasure Planet)
- BitTorrent Entertainment Network
- Black Employee Network
- Boeing Education Network (The Boeing Company)
- Bolton Evening News (UK)
- Bruxelles Environnement News (French: Brussels Environment News; Belgium)
- Business Engine Network
- Business Enterprise Network (Toronto, Canada)
- British Empire Naturalist Association
- Blood Eosinophilic Non Allergic Rhinitis
- Behind Every Name a Story
- Ben Chan (Philippine clothing retailer)
- Biodegradation of Environmental Chemicals Modeled with Aquatic, Relative-Rate Coefficients
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ms Wong, a director of the Black Environment Network, from Llanberis, North Wales, who was awarded a CBE last year for services to heritage, praised local people for sharing the little food they had.
Visiting the reserve had long been one of the goals of the environmentalist, who is the UK director for Black Environment Network, which aims to bring British ethnic minorities into the realm of the natural environment.
The 58-year-old director of the Black Environment Network (BEN)was among a group which had to spend 72-hours on a bus before being airlifted to safety.
Birmingham's Black Environment Network, Solihull Special Needs Active Partnership and the Warwickshire Association of Youth Clubs will be among the groups to benefit.
The 58-year-old, director of the Black Environment Network (BEN), said the quake seemed to last three or four minutes.
The Black Environment Network (BEN) received the money through the Community Fund to pay for a full-time development worker, office equipment and running costs.
Judy Ling Wong, Director of Black Environment Network said: "Our projects, supported by a grant from the Countryside Council for Wales, aim to connect ethnic minority people with the natural environment and inspire them to protect what they feel part of.