26bn Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) transaction with the BEE (black economic empowerment) consortium in September 2004.
What does BEE stand for?
BEE stands for Black Economic Empowerment (affirmative action initiative of the South African government)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of BEE
We have 73 other meanings of BEE in our Acronym Attic
- Behavioural Evidence Evaluation
- Berkeley Emulation Engine (Berkeley Wireless Research Center; Unversity of California, Berkeley)
- Best Emulsifying Equipment (International Ltd)
- Bio-Environmental Engineer
- Biodiversité, Ecologie, Evolution (French: Biodiversity, Ecology, Evolution)
- Biomass Energy Europe (EU)
- Biomedical Engineering Education
- Biometric Experimentation Environment
- Biotechnologie et Economie de l'Entreprise (French: Biotechnology and Economics of Enterprise; Paris Diderot University; France)
- Black Earth Ensemble (est. 1998; Nicole Mitchell)
- Black Economic Empowerment Group (South Africa)
- Blogging Environment for Eearning
- Bonne Ecole Elementary (Slidell, LA)
- Brett Easton Ellis (author)
- British Empire Exhibition (1924-1925; UK)
- Building Energy and Environments (civil engineering: University of Texas)
- Building Energy Efficiency (real estate standard; various locations)
- Bundesverband Erneuerbare Energie eV (Germany: federal association of renewable energy)
- Bureau des Etudiants d'Echange (French: Office of Student Exchange)
- Bureau Européen de l'Environnement (French: European Environmental Bureau; environmental advocacy coalition; est. 1974)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Others feared that in the new post-apartheid South Africa, they could be passed over for jobs or business opportunities as the government embarked on a programme of black economic empowerment.
ZAE000000220 ("AECI" or "the Company") RESULTS PRESENTATION AECI shareholders are advised that a presentation on the Company's condensed consolidated unaudited interim financial results for the half-year ended 30 June 2011, as well as on the Company's proposed Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment Transaction, is being given today, 26 July 2011.
The company said in a media statement published on its website that the MoU was signed under the company's Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) principle, set out by the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME).
That deal took a step closer yesterday as Vodacom announced it had secured a deal to bring on board a number of black investment groups - including Thebe Investments and Royal Bafokeng, one of South Africa's richest tribal groups - as part of the country's move to increase black economic empowerment.
Mbeki says the problem was that: "We cannot get everyone to sing from the same hymn sheet on the important question of how to build a non-racial South Africa and the role of black economic empowerment in this regard.
5 million) of debt repaid; maintenance of shareholder distribution; strengthening corporate governance and integrating risk-management procedures into operations and control structures worldwide; and continuation of Black Economic Empowerment as a social and business imperative in South Africa.
In reality, opponents of Atlantic Yards have demonstrated that they couldn't care less about black businesses or black economic empowerment in Brooklyn or anywhere else.