The population has been estimated at 1,000-2,499 individuals and globally is classified as Endangered (Naveda-Rodriguez and Strahl 2006, BirdLife International 201 lb).
What does BLI stand for?
BLI stands for BirdLife International
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BLI
We have 77 other meanings of BLI in our Acronym Attic
- Bethesda Lutheran Homes and Services, Inc (Wisconsin)
- Bishop Lynch High School (Dallas, TX)
- Bridge Line Historical Society (New York)
- Bass Lake Hills Specific Plan (El Dorado County, CA)
- Balanced Line Interface
- Battleford Light Infantry
- Bellingham, WA, USA - Bellingham International (Airport Code)
- Bi-Linear Interpolation (mathematics)
- Bilan de Lecture Informatisé (French: Computerized Assessment of Reading)
- Bioluminescence Imaging (biology)
- Black Leadership Initiative (est. 2002)
- Blended Learning Initiative (various schools)
- Block-Level Incremental (computing)
- Blue Line Innovations (energy monitoring products; Canada)
- Blue Ling
- Board Leadership Institute
- Bonded, Licensed, Insured
- Bouchereau Lingua International (French; Canadian language school)
- Bowling League of Ireland
- Broadway Limited Imports (model trains; Ormond Beach, FL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The electronic petition was set up by BirdLife in September 2011 to coincide with the main autumn trapping season and with the help of BirdLife International the petition was promoted on an international level.
In a bid to combat the problem, the RSPB and BirdLife International created the Albatross Task Force (ATF) in 2005 - a team of people who work with fishermen to advise them of the simplest and most effective ways to avoid accidentally catching and killing albatrosses.
Jun 10, 2011 Hurtigruten Line Hurtigruten now offers onboard charity auctions at the end of every expedition voyage on the Fram to raise money for preservations organizations such as the Antarctica South Georgia Heritage Trust, the Ocean Foundations and Birdlife International.
The RSPB and BirdLife International said simple cost-effective measures could cut the number of birds affected.
A total of 20 nesting couples of the Eastern imperial eagle have been registered in Bulgaria but their number is probably slightly higher, according to the Society for Protection of Birds, which is an affiliate of BirdLife International.
At least 10 species of globally endangered birds use this wetland zone, according to conservation group Birdlife International.
The discovery of these birds, which underlines Syria's importance on the world environmental map, is the result of cooperation between the General Department for the Administration and Development of al-Badiya, the Syria Society for Wildlife Protection, the Birdlife International organization, the British Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, and Norway's Directorate for Nature Management.