Farm Bill Energy Programs, such as the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP), Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP), Biorefinery Assistance Program (BAP) and Biobased Markets Program (Biopreferred) have helped to revitalize rural America, develop new agricultural markets, and reduce the need for direct payments to farmers.
What does BCAP stand for?
BCAP stands for Biomass Crop Assistance Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BCAP
We have 66 other meanings of BCAP in our Acronym Attic
- Bowling Centers Association of Ohio (Centerville, OH)
- British Columbia Association of Optometrists
- Burma Canadian Association of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Business Continuity Advancement Organization (Japan)
- British Columbia Alliance of Aromatherapy
- Balkans Combined Air Operation Centre (NATO)
- Bangladesh Canada Association of Calgary
- Building Contractors Association of Otero County (Alamogordo, NM)
- British Columbia Apartment Owners and Managers Association (Canada)
- Base Capability Acquisition Plan
- BMD (Ballistic Missile Defense) CRD (Capstone Requirements Document) Analysis Plan (Missile Defense Agency)
- Bond Cap Allocation Program (Washington)
- Boulder County AIDS Project
- British Code of Advertising Practice
- Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania (formerly Pennsylvania Cable & Telecommunications Association)
- Building Codes Assistance Project
- British Columbia Association of Practicing Aromatherapists (Canada)
- British Columbia Association of Police Boards (Canada)
- British Columbia Association of Professional Consulting Archaeologists
- Business Community Anti-Poverty Initiative (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, cost overruns in the early stages of the Biomass Crop Assistance Program resulted in USDA putting the program on hold.
The biomass crop assistance program: A case of policy intervention In the winter of 2009 and 2010 the federal government instituted the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) through the Farm Services Agency (Federal Register 2009, 2010a).
Vilsack announced several measures, including the publication of a final rule to implement the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP).
Part of President Barack Obama 's Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 , the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) is a "national imperative" to assist the biofuels industry, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.
The Biomass Crop Assistance Program, or BCAP, which was quietly put into the 2008 federal farm bill, has so far given away more than a half billion dollars in a matching payment program for businesses that cut and collect biomass from national forests and Bureau of Land Management lands.
BOSTON, February 8 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wood Biomass Market Report today commented that new "draft" rules announced by the Farm Services Agency for the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) come closer to providing assurances that wood for higher-value products will not be diverted for use as biomass.
USDA's new Biomass Crop Assistance Program may help mitigate these risks by providing payments to farmers through multi-year contracts.