In 2007, the Soldiers from the 375th worked extensively with the Biological Integrated Detection System (BIDS)--a self-contained system mounted on a high-mobility, multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV) and used to monitor the air and record data.
What does BIDS stand for?
BIDS stands for Biological Integrated Detection System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BIDS
We have 33 other meanings of BIDS in our Acronym Attic
- Backup Information Display System
- Baggage Information Display System
- Ballistic Impact Detection System
- Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies
- Bath Information and Data Services (UK)
- Battlefield Information Distribution System
- Bedtime Insulin, Daytime Sulphonylureas
- Bid Information and Distribution System (State of Colorado)
- Biological Detection Company
- Biological Identification/Detection System
- Bit-Interleaved Direct Sequence
- Block Interest Discovery Service (trading system)
- Boeing Integrated Defense Systems
- Borland International Data Structures
- Brand Idea Design Studio (Dallas, TX)
- Broad Agency Announcement Information Delivery System
- Broadband Integrated Distributed Star
- Broadband Interactive Data Solution
- Broadband Internet Delivery System
- Building Investment Decision Support (green building technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Army's Biological Integrated Detection System, for example, can measure the particles in an air sample to determine if an agent is present.
Biological Integrated Detection Systems (BIDS) are one such application.
Used for the detection of biological warfare agents, CBMS systems are an integral component of the US Army's Biological Integrated Detection System.
M93 gas-particulate filter unit * M1A1/A2 tank * M109A6 Paladin * M2A3 Bradley * M31A1 biological integrated detection system * AN/TPQ-36 (V)8 radar set * AN/TSM-191(V)3 transportable electronic shop * AN/TRC-179(V)1 communications terminal * Remote control guided missile shop equipment * AN/MYQ-6 data analysis central * LP/PD1-90 integrated non-expandable shelter * AN/TSQ-158 net control station * AN/TSQ-182, -183A, -184A communications control set * Net control station * Bridge launching carrier * S-832/G multi-expandable lightweight shelter * AN/TSQ-179 target acquisition subsystem * AN/TPN-31 radar set * AN/TSC-124 tactical terminal
M93 gas-particulate filter unit * M1A1/A2 tank * M109A6 Paladin * M2A3 Bradley * M31A1 biological integrated detection system * AN/TPQ-36 (V) radar set * AN/TSM-191 transportable electronic shop * AN/TRC-179 communications terminal * remote control guided missile shop equipment * AN/MYQ-6 data analysis central * LP/PD1-90 integrated nonexpandable shelter * AN/TSQ-158 net control station * full-tracked combat tank * AN/TSQ-182, -183A, -184A communications control set * net control station * bridge launching carrier * S-832/G multi-expandable lightweight shelter * AN/TSQ-179 target acquisition subsystem * AN/TPN-31 radar set * AN/T5C-124 tactical terminal