OBSERVATIONS All observations were made in continuous, closed canopy terra firme forest at the Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments Project (BDFFP), 80 km north of Manaus, Brazil.
What does BDFFP stand for?
BDFFP stands for Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments Project
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of BDFFP in our Acronym Attic
- Belgian Design for All Network
- Battery Distribution Feeder Bay
- Battery Distribution Fuse Bay
- Battery Distribution Fuse Board
- Bhutan Development Finance Corporation
- Bob Dylan Fan Club
- British Disabled Flying Club
- Ballentine Dutch Fork Civic Association (Ballentine, SC)
- Block Decision-Feedback Equalizer
- Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments
- Beer Drinkers Frisbee Golf Association (Batesville, IN)
- Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association
- Ballroom Dancers' Federation International
- Base de Données Francophone de l'Imaginaire
- Berkeley Digital Film Institute (Berkeley, CA)
- Brushless Doubly Fed Induction Machine (engineering)
- Benevolent Dictator for Life
- British Defence Film Library
- Baby Dan Food Mill
- Beer Drinking Fighting Machine (punk band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study was conducted during July 2004 in the Reserve 1501, also known as Km 41 (2[degrees]24'S, 59[degrees]44'W), a continuous "terra firme" (upland) forest that is one of the controls of the Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments Project (BDFFP) in Central Amazon, nearly 80 km north of the city of Manaus, northern Brazil.
No reliable estimate of how much remnant forest remains in the world yet exists, but "a good portion of the world's moist and dry tropical forest is already fragmented," according to Richard Bierregaard, director of the Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments Project at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.