If, however, there is misalignment of the visual axes, but the images are still within Panum's area, there is still binocular single vision, unless fusional reserves are not sufficient to maintain this alignment.
What does BSV stand for?
BSV stands for Binocular Single Vision
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSV
We have 65 other meanings of BSV in our Acronym Attic
- Bibliographical Society of the University of Virginia
- Ball Segment Valve
- Banana Streak Virus
- BASIC Bsave Graphics (File Name Extension)
- Bayerischer Softair Verein (German: Bavarian Airsoft Association)
- Beach Support Vehicle
- Best State Vector
- Between Subject Variability
- Bilan Santé Vitton (French corporate health specialist)
- Bilim Ve Sanat Vakfi (Turkish: Science and Art Foundation)
- Biscuiterie de Sainte Victoire (French: Victory for Holy Biscuits)
- Blindage Sécurité Vaugirard (French locksmith)
- Blue Sky Ventures (Olympic Valley, CA)
- Bois Service Valorisation (French: Wood Recovery Service)
- Bourse Solidarité Vacances (French: Solidarity Vacations Fellowship)
- Brownsville (Greyhound bus lines; Brownsville, TX)
- Bulletin de Santé du Végétal (French: Plant Health Bulletin)
- Bundesamt für Sozialversicherungen (German: Federal Social Insurance Office; Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The patient fixates on the near target ensuring binocular single vision then jumps to fixating on the distance target (for example a single letter on a VA chart if performed in the consulting room) ensuring it is single and kept clearly in focus.
Most people will be able to overcome these phorias with little difficulty, due to fusional reserves, bringing the eyes into alignment on the fixation target for binocular single vision.