So far, the Shiromani Akali Dal has voiced its support for Modi and the Biju Janata Dal has also said that it was open to working with him.
What does BJD stand for?
BJD stands for Biju Janata Dal (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BJD
We have 5 other meanings of BJD in our Acronym Attic
- Beer Judge Certification Program
- British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- British Journal of Clinical Practice
- Bulletin Juridique des Contrats Publics (French: Legal Bulletin of Public Contracts)
- B.J. Chain Public Library (Olive Branch, MS)
- Brevard Jewish Community School (Melbourne, FL)
- Birmingham Jefferson County Transport Authority
- Brazilian Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery
- Boston Jewish Community Women’s Fund
- Ball Jointed Doll
- Bone and Joint Decade
- Bovine Johne's Disease
- Bratislava Jazz Days (Slovakia)
- British Journal of Dermatology
- Business Justification Document
- Ball Jointed Doll Convention (Texas)
- Baba Jamuna Dass Cricket Club
- British Journal of Developmental Disabilities (UK)
- Boulder Jewish Day School (Boulder, CO)
- Baltic Journal of Economics
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Biju Janata Dal ( BJD ) seems to be getting close to its former ally BJP once again.
Thousands of party workers and supporters held a rally and shouted slogans against the Biju Janata Dal (BJD)-led state government and UPA Government at the Centre.
In Orissa, with the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) joining the Third Front, the BJP, which was till now an ally of BJD, is isolated.
He also removed Mohanty, who was one of the senior most ministers in his cabinet, from the post of Biju Janata Dal vice- president.
Only 19 TMC's MPs and three MPs from Biju Janata Dal supported the no-confidence motion and got rejected by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
Only 19 Trinamool MPs and four Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MPs supported the no-confidence motion against the government.
THE WAR between Orissa chief minister Naveen Patnaik and his former confidant and Rajya Sabha member, Pyari Mohan Mohapatra, who was suspended from the ruling Biju Janata Dal in the wake of the failed mutiny of May 29, has intensified.