Emotive words, perhaps, but this is the week that saw the Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust publish a report, The Database State, claiming that most of Britain's big brother databases may be illegal, including the controversial ContactPoint, soon to hold details of all our children.
What does BBDB stand for?
BBDB stands for Big Brother Database
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BBDB
We have 2 other meanings of BBDB in our Acronym Attic
- Business by Design (SAP software solution)
- Bybi Dejau (gaming clan)
- Back Blast Danger Area (launcher)
- Baker Beach Disturbed Area (California)
- Beijing-Benz DaimlerChrysler Automotive Corp, Ltd. (China)
- Binghamton Ballroom Dance Association (est. 1997; Binghamton University; Binghamton, NY)
- Birmingham Ballroom Dance Association (Birmingham, AL)
- Body Basics Dance Academy (Australia)
- Bwindi Beekeepers Development Association
- Behavioral and Brain Development Branch (National Institute of Drug Abuse; US NIH; Bethesda, MD)
- Boys' Brigade Down Battalion (Christian youth activity; UK)
- Baby Boomers Dance Club
- Back-To-Back Documentary Credits
- Backbay Design Consultants (Winchester, MA)
- Badger and Blade Decant Club
- Baffin Business Development Centre (Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada)
- Bahrain British Dental Congress
- Ballymena Business Development Centre (UK)
- Banting and Best Diabetes Centre
- Barbary Bay Development Company Limited (Bahamas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tomorrow, North-East experts talk about their fears and hopes for Big Brother databases or a slick new virtual world.
Oracle diplomatically defers to whatever nomenclature the big brother database ultimately sports.