The first book provoked Sambhaji Brigade to ransack the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute and tear up rare books only because the writer had used the library.
What does BORI stand for?
BORI stands for Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute (Pune, India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BORI
We have 1 other meaning of BORI in our Acronym Attic
- BMRT Ordinary Rendering GUI
- Bored with the Ordinary Reading Group
- Brandeis Official Readers' Guild
- Buell Owner and Repair Group
- Business and Organizational Leadership
- Buying Organization
- Cyborg (Cybernetic Organism; Star Trek Universe)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen song)
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Historical Society (Baltimore, MD)
- Bill of Rights Institute (est. 1999)
- Biosecurity Organisms Register for Imported Commodities (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry; New Zealand)
- Board of Registration in Medicine (Massachusetts)
- Bill of Rights in Northern Ireland (Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission)
- Block Oriented Interactive Simulation
- Bodacious Oatmeal Russian Imperial Stout (Hoppin' Frog Brewery; Akron, OH)
- BOREAS Information System
- Brother of the Regulator of Imprinted Sites (genes)
- Borjeson Syndrome
- Back Office Resource Kit
Samples in periodicals archive:
M2 BEST BOOKS-(C)2000-2004 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD A group of protestors destroyed over 30,000 ancient manuscripts at the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute over the publication of a book on a Hindu King.
Annals of the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute 72-73: 15-21.