Whereas the prosecution in Terry's trial had to prove his guilt beyond reasonable doubt, the FA disciplinary commission can reach verdicts purely on the balance of probabilities, a much lower burden of proof.
What does BRD stand for?
BRD stands for Beyond Reasonable Doubt
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of BRD
We have 72 other meanings of BRD in our Acronym Attic
- Baton Rouge Center for World Affairs (Louisiana)
- Business Regulation and Competition Working Group (Australia)
- Bulgarian Red Cross Youth (Bulgarian Red Cross National Society; Bulgaria)
- Background Review Document (NIH)
- Banca Romana de Dezvoltare (Romania)
- Banque Rwandaise de Développement (French: Rwandan Development Bank)
- Bard (gaming)
- Baton Rouge Diocese (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Best Radar Detectors (Jackson, NJ)
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (legal)
- Big Red Dog
- Big Red Dragon
- Biocidal Products Directive
- Biological Research Division (USGS)
- Biological Resources Division (USGS)
- Biomedical Research Database (US DoD)
- Black Rifle Disease (obsessive interest in the AR15/M16 rifle)
- Black River Digital
- Black Rock Depths (MMORPG World of Warcraft)
- Black Rock Desert
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said: "I am satisfied beyond reasonable doubt on the evidence of these two police officers it was you who made the comment.
The coroner said the incident was captured on CCTV and that Mr Muchero had stepped "without hesitation" in front of the locomotive and went on: "It is clear therefore, to my mind, I am satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that he did what he intended to do.
It was not possible to say, beyond reasonable doubt, that Sharon Green created the offensive Facebook content.
After dipping a tank for red diesel, HMRC officers run a series of tests to prove beyond reasonable doubt it is a rebated fuel.
From the evidence that we have as to the circumstances of his death, in particular the aspect of haemorrhage, we do not believe that there was sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he killed himself.
The prosecution has failed to discharge its burden of showing proof beyond reasonable doubt that the crime of rebellion was committed by the accused and that they are guilty thereof," the Manila regional trial court judge, Winlove Dumayas, wrote in his ruling.
For those who think it is possible for a theory to be confirmed, Douglass' book may do for them what it did for me, settle the matter beyond reasonable doubt.