Criteria for -diagnosis of Bernard-Soulier syndrome (BSS) were low platelet count, large platelets and normal aggregation with physiologic agonists, and no curve with ristocetin.
What does BSS stand for?
BSS stands for Bernard-Soulier Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BSS
We have 346 other meanings of BSS in our Acronym Attic
- Beatty Secondary School (Singapore)
- Beauty Supply Store
- Bed Shear Stress
- Beechmont State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Belgium Security Service
- Bellcore Software Systems
- Bendemeer Secondary School (Singapore)
- Bennoo Siggil Senegaal (Wolof: United to Boost Senegal)
- Benowa State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Best Shot Selector (cameras)
- Beta Secondary System
- Beta Systems Software (est. 1984; various locations)
- Bettahin Samabay Samity (Bangladeshi government program)
- Bharat Sevak Samaj (India)
- Bilan Social du Salarié (French employee assessment)
- Billing Support System (telcommunications; as separate from OSS)
- Binary-Symmetric Source
- Biologie Systémique et Synthétique (French: Biology and Synthetic Systems)
- Birmingham Signposting Service (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bernard-Soulier syndrome lacks a platelet response only for ristocetin and is associated with thrombocytopenia and giant platelets.
HemaGlobal covers a large spectrum of bleeding and clotting disorders, including von Willebrand disease, congenital afibrinogenemia, Glanzmann's thrombasthenia, Bernard-Soulier syndrome, hemophilia and other factor deficiencies.
The Bernard-Soulier syndrome is a human bleeding disorder associated with absent or significantly reduced GPIb complex on the platelet surface.
Although thrombocytopenia is a feature of Bernard-Soulier syndrome and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome, the primary abnormality is qualitative so these are discussed separately.
70) Additional laboratory studies show normal VWF antigen and ristocetin cofactor activity to distinguish Bernard-Soulier syndrome from von Willebrand disease.
Flow cytometric analysis of platelet surface glycoproteins in the diagnosis of Bernard-Soulier syndrome.
describe the defect in each of the following hereditary disorders: Glanzmann thrombasthenia and Bernard-Soulier syndrome (BSS).