The Bernard van Leer Foundation is international grantmaking foundation whose mission is to improve opportunities for children who are growing up in socially and economically difficult circumstances.
What does BVLF stand for?
BVLF stands for Bernard Van Leer Foundation (The Hague, The Netherlands)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of BVLF
- Belden Village Lighting Center (Canton, OH)
- Blossom Valley Learning Consortium (California)
- Butterfly Valve Lock Control
- Ball Valve Locking Devices (Thermoplastic Valves, Inc.; Emmaus, PA)
- Bulkley Valley Lakes District (British Columbia, Canada)
- Buffered Very Large Data Storage
- Belgische Vereniging voor Landbouweconomie (Belgian Association of Agricultural Economists)
- Bidville Inc. (stock symbol)
- Bega Valley Local Environmental Plan (Australia)
- Belgische Vereniging Leraars Frans (Dutch: Belgian Association of French Teachers)
- Bundesverband der Lebensmittelkontrolleure Deutschlands (German: Federal Association of German Food Inspectors)
- Buena Ventura Lakes Library (Kissimmee, FL)
- Base Volume License Option (Macromedia, Inc.)
- Bond Voor Lichamelijke Opvoeding (Belgian: Physical Education Association, Flanders)
- Bolsa de Valores de Lisboa e Porto (Portuguese Stock Exchange)
- Best Value Local Performance Plan (UK)
- Bear Valley Land Rovers (Atlanta, GA)
- Blyth Volunteer Lifeboat Service
- Bounded Variable Least Squares
- Buena Vista Lake Shrew
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new report from the Bernard van Leer Foundation prompts new ways of thinking about young children and how attitudes toward diversity are formed.
In less than 10 years, ECD had moved from the periphery of concern for all but a few international donors, such as the Bernard van Leer Foundation and a few others who had made significant contributions to ECD as early as the 1970s, to become a major topic on a significant number of donors' and international organizations' lists of priority issues.
Initiating the Mwana Mwende Child Development Project The Mwana Mwende Project was started in the Machakos District in 1997 by the Mwana Mwende Child Development Center, a local nongovernmental organization (NGO), in response to concern about the care of children under 3 years and the welfare of teenage mothers, its primary funders have been the Bernard van Leer Foundation (of the Netherlands) and the International Child Resource Center.
Grant, who shared Ward's vision, and was funded by the Bernard van Leer Foundation from the Netherlands.