com Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy BPH is one of the most common health problems in men over 50 years of age.
What does BPH stand for?
BPH stands for Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BPH
We have 72 other meanings of BPH in our Acronym Attic
- Bruzual-Persson-Gunn-Stryker (astronomy)
- Biblioteka Publiczna Gminy Wejherowo (Polish: Gminy Wejherowo Public Library; Bolszewo, Poland)
- Bachelier en Philosophie (Bachelor of Philosophy)
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (Thailand)
- Bank Przemyslowo Handlowy (Polish bank)
- Barrels Per Hour
- Beats Per Hour (watch movement terminology)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Benzaldehyde Phenylhydrazone (chemistry)
- Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica (library; Amsterdam; Netherlands)
- Big Publishing House
- BigPond Home (Telstra)
- Birds Per Hour
- Board of Parole Hearings (Canada; also seen as BOPH)
- Boiler or Process Heater
- Bonnes Pratiques d'Hygiène (French: Good Hygienic Practices)
- Breakaway Piston Head (drilling industry)
- Brown Planthopper
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reasoning that the lack of effect might be the result of inadequate dosing in previous trials, researchers designed a trial that tested double, then triple, the standard dose against an identical-looking placebo in 369 men with lower urinary tract symptoms typical of benign prostatic hypertrophy.
This type of enlargement is known as benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).
Immunohistochemical evaluation of estrogen receptor status in benign prostatic hypertrophy and in prostate carcinoma and the relationship to endocrine therapy.
CHAIRMAN GREENSPAN HAS SUCCESSFUL SURGERY Chairman Greenspan, on April 22, 2003, spent a short time in a local hospital to be treated surgically for benign prostatic hypertrophy, an enlarged prostate.
The drawback to this test is that PSA can also go up with conditions that aren't cancerous, such as an infection of the prostate (prostatitis), inflammation of the prostate from a nearby infection, or in a common condition called benign prostatic hypertrophy which is a benign enlargement of the prostate.
In this survey 28%-35% of respondents indicated that they were using the product to treat a particular disease or condition; these included benign prostatic hypertrophy and anxiety (Lancet 361:101-06, 2003).
IVAX Corporation's (AMEX:IVX) Hungarian subsidiary, the IVAX Institute for Drug Research, has received approval to conduct a multi-center placebo-controlled human phase II study of its new molecule, GYKI-16084, in men with benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH).