Next up is IT'S A WONDERFUL AFTERLIFE, which Gurinder describes as "My Big Fat Greek Wedding meets Shaun Of The Dead, with a bit of Bend It Like Beckham in there too".
What does BILB stand for?
BILB stands for Bend It Like Beckham (movie)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Battelle Institute Learning Automation
- Biofeedback Institute of Los Angeles (California)
- Bishops' Institute for Lay Apostolate
- British Insurance Law Association (UK)
- British Italian Law Association (UK)
- Bureau of International Labor Affairs
- British Isles Lupus Activity Group
- British Isles Lupus Assessment Group
- Bisexual, Lesbian and Gay Alliance
- Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences (India)
- Built-In Logic Block Observation
- Bass Is Loaded Coalition (Chicago Hip Hop Group)
- Because It Looks Cool
- Birmingham Independent Living Center (Birmingham, AL)
- British International Law Cases (UK)
- British International Lottery Corporation (UK)
- Bureau for International Language Co-ordination
- Biblical Institute of Leadership Development (Ames, IA)
- Binaural Intelligibility Level Difference (hearing)
- British Institute of Learning Disabilities
Samples in periodicals archive:
I think this film is the naughty second cousin of Bend It Like Beckham.
Gurinder Chadha, a product of the Indian diaspora, brought a warm eye to the lives of Indians abroad in her delightful debut Bhaji on the Beach and Bend it Like Beckham and moved on to a larger canvas with her Jane Austen-meets-Bollywood musical Bride and Prejudice.
Bend It Like Beckham was one of the most successful homegrown films of recent years, following its release last summer, taking pounds 11.
Bend It Like Beckham * Directed and cowritten by Gurinder Chadha * Starring Parminder Nagra, Keira Knightley, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and Ameet Chana * Opens March 28 in selected markets * Fox Searchlight Somewhere in the chilly bowels of an Oxbridge University library, some earnest double major in visual arts and sociology must be toiling over a thesis titled "Billy Elliot's Indian Soul Sister: Class, Gender Expectation, and Disapproving Daddies in 21stCentury England.
Bend It Like Beckham is one of the most successful homegrown films of recent years, taking pounds 11.
The Coventry keeper is so worried that he has stayed behind after training, with a team-mate attempting to bend it like Beckham.
Byline: Ali Stokes EVERY year a low-budget feelgood Brit flick hits the cinemas and Bend It Like Beckham will be the one that'll have you talking about for months - like Billy Elliot or East Is East before it.