A police officer told the court he arrested Gillespie yesterday "by arrangement" on foot of a bench warrant issued on Thursday.
What does BWI stand for?
BWI stands for Bench Warrant Issued
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of BWI
We have 58 other meanings of BWI in our Acronym Attic
- Bellevue West High School (Bellevue, NE)
- Big Walnut High School (Sunbury, OH)
- Billings West High School
- Bishop Watterson High School (Columbus, OH)
- Briar Woods High School (Ashburn, VA)
- Builth Wells High School (Builth Wells, Wales, UK)
- Bournemouth and West Hampshire Water (UK)
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (airport code)
- Bandwidth Inheritance
- Battalia Winston International (various locations)
- Best Web Image (website design company; San Jose, CA)
- Best Western International (hotel chain)
- Bicycling while Intoxicated (law)
- Bill West Incorporated (Monroe, CT)
- Bit Wear Index (engineering/geology)
- Boating While Intoxicated
- Boating Writers International
- Bond-Wire Interconnect
- Bound Word Inc. (creative arts; Monterey, CA)
- Boxed with Instructions (online selling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Detective Superintendent Mark Braithwaite, Cleveland Police head of crime operations, said: "There is a live bench warrant issued at Teesside Crown Court from the date of his trial.
He also rescinded a bench warrant issued last week when Baker failed to attend court.
Liverpool Crown Court heard that since then Earl has worked for various local charities, including those dealing with youth and immigration,and it was only when he applied for a new job as an outreach worker that a bench warrant issued in July 1995 came to light.
A police officer told the court he arrested Gillespie yesterday "by arrangement" on foot of a bench warrant issued on Thursday by District Judge Mark Hamill.
Because of that lady's age and health, the Crown takes the view it would not be proper to persuade her to come to court, and I am asking the bench warrant issued in 2001 is withdrawn and no evidence offered in her case.
But police never executed the bench warrant issued for his immediate arrest and detention, a court was told.
ACTRESS Lindsay Lohan has had a bench warrant issued for her arrest.