A Bence Jones protein test and free light chain assay in urine were negative.
What does BJP stand for?
BJP stands for Bence Jones Protein
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of BJP
We have 43 other meanings of BJP in our Acronym Attic
- Boston Jewish Outdoors Club (Massachusetts)
- Brucea Javanica Oil Emulsion
- British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Blue Jacket of the Quarter
- British Journal of Sociology
- British Journal of Sports Medicine
- Bachelor of Journalism
- Bâtiment, Jardin, Piscine (French: Building, Garden, Pool)
- Bead Journal Project (visual journaling)
- Bharat Jalao Party (India)
- Bharatiya Janata Party (India)
- Boston Jolly Pirates (band)
- British Journal of Pharmacology
- British Journal of Photography
- British Journal of Psychiatry
- Bubble Jet Printer (Canon)
- Bulgarian Journal of Physics (Japan)
- Bulletin de Jurisprudence Pénale (French: Bulletin of Criminal Cases; Switzerland)
- British Journal of Physical Education (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Quantitative assays can have improved sensitivity for immunoglobulins and Bence Jones proteins (4, 5).
Further investigations revealed that Bence Jones proteins were absent from the urine, and an analysis of serum immunoglobulins found no monoclonal paraproteins.
For this reason, one of these methods should be employed even if the screen is negative, if the presence of a globulin, such as Bence Jones protein, is suspected.
In addition, the Bence Jones protein may go undetected in the urine when immunofixation electrophoresis is negative and the patient is not symptomatic.
2) Serum protein electrophoresis, a urinalysis for Bence Jones protein, a skeletal survey, and a bone marrow biopsy should be performed to rule out multiple myeloma.
A century later, work by Korngold and Lipari (2) characterized Bence Jones proteins and showed that they reacted with those found in myeloma.
Another 16 patients had a partial response, defined as a 50% reduction in demonstrable Bence Jones protein.